Georgetown University Medical Center (GUMC) proposal development is approached collaboratively by the Principal Investigator and the Office of Research Development Services (RDS), which provides assistance to faculty and staff in the submission of all sponsored research grant, contract and cooperative agreement applications. RDS staff members also help investigators prepare and route the required proposal documents necessary for institutional review and approval in GU-Pass.
- Assist faculty with identifying funding opportunities
- Submit and route proposal packages in GU-Pass on behalf of the PI for institutional review and approval
- Review all funding opportunity announcements (e.g., RFA, PA, RFP) and other solicitation mechanisms to ensure applications are complete and respond fully to sponsor requests
- Work with Principal Investigators on all sponsored research applications and proposals for timely and effective submission, including competing and non-competing applications
- Assure that all applications comply with University and sponsor policies
- Maintain a shared directory of files included in standard text, as well as application forms and agency guidelines
- Track and report on pending proposals for GUMC researchers
- Work with the Office of Sponsored Research to set up outgoing subcontracts and consulting agreements
- Collaborate with other University and Medical Center administrative offices to support the submission of applications and management of sponsored awards
- Provide administrative support for multi-investigator awards as needed
Faculty are encouraged to contact RDS’s Deputy Director, Melissa Layman (202-687-1664, Melissa.Layman@georgetown.edu), with specific questions related to proposal and budget preparation. Roles and responsibilities, timelines and services are posted on the RDS website.